Superviseur: Great Lakes Regional Director
Début : Immédiat
Catégorie : Cadre
Pact Congo, une ONG internationale non-gouvernementale basée en RDC et l’un des leaders mondialement reconnu dans le domaine du développement international, cherche à embaucher une/un « Chef de Projet» ayant une expertise en gestion de projet et devoir de diligence pour soutenir le projet « Sustainable Mine Site Validation Project », financé par l’Agence américaine pour le développement international (USAID) et mis en œuvre par Pact au Nord et au Sud Kivu en RDC. L’objectif général de ce projet est de lutter contre les conflits qui peuvent être alimentés par l’extraction et le commerce des minerais dits « 3T » (étain, tantale et tungstène). A cette fin, ce projet consiste à mettre en place un nouveau modèle de qualification et validation des sites miniers de la RDC assurant un suivi régulier des activités dans et autour des sites miniers et garantissant l’extraction et le commerce des minerais libres de conflit.
Sustainable Mine Site Validation Project Manager
Reporting to the Great Lakes Regional Director, the Project Manager will be responsible for overall administrative, financial and technical leadership of the program and coordination with the donor, ensuring implementation of high-quality, evidence-based and conflict-sensitive interventions, and managing a team of staff and sub-partners to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and oversee the quality of all technical activities, providing direction, feedback and support to ensure success of the program;
- Supervise the technical advisor for reporting, monitoring and evaluation of all activities and tasks;
- Ensure that all donor reporting requirements on program advancement and impact are met, including assisting the technical advisor and implementing partners in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner;
- Facilitate continuous quality assessment and improvement, and ensure that program best practices are documented and disseminated throughout the program cycle;
- Ensure effective coordination and communication with partners and other organizational department within Pact, and ensure standards of practice are met among each partner organization;
- Ensure high quality program delivery and cost-effective use of Pact and USAID resources;
- Ensure provision of management support and technical assistance to possible partners on program design, budget/work plan development, and M&E planning;
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested;
- Complete other duties as and if required
Administrative and Finance:
- Daily administrative management of the SMSV office in Goma
- Consolidate the programmatic, administrative and financial needs of the project and ensure that local partners and field staffs are better served to better fulfill their tasks
- Apply management decision-making procedures and policies;
- Directly supervise the Technical Advisor and Admin and Finance Officer and ensure that other staffs fulfill their role correctly;
- Be responsible for all office supply, maintenance and inventory of equipment
- Standardize the management and use of project vehicles and motorcycles, check fuel requirements and maintenance planning;
- Authorize office expenses based on the work plan approved by his supervisor;
- Coordinate withdrawals of funds and payments of taxes;
- Ensure the management of safety, health and emergencies in the field by informing the Regional Director urgently of major cases.
Minimum Key Skills and Expertise
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
- Deep understanding of Pact’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good
- Consistently work within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the mining sector in the project location
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of the issue of ‘conflict minerals’, including regulatory and legal national and international context (OECD Due Diligence Guidance, DRC law on conflict minerals)
- Strong experience in due diligence, risk assessment and mitigation, advocacy towards different stakeholder groups including private sector, civil society, governments, state agencies and state security forces
- Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID policies and regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback
- Demonstrated experience managing and overseeing partners/sub-partners
- Ability to mentor others
Required Educational Qualification and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree or higher in Governance, Law, International Development or a related field is required;
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management in the mining sector, due diligence, risk assessment, advocacy, and/or development interventions;
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing program in resource constrained countries;
- Experience interacting with the developing country government, international organization, bilateral donor and civil society representatives, and senior level government officials;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with civil society organizations, communities and host country government counterparts.
- Fluency in French, and English required;
- Working experience in DRC; Congolese national preferred.
Review and shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis until such time as a successful candidate has been identified.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Composition du dossier et dépôt des candidatures
Les dossiers seront composés d’une lettre de motivation, et d’un cv actualisé avec trois personnes de référence et leurs contacts. N’envoyez pas d’autres documents SVP. Ils vous seront demandés au besoin. Les dossiers sont à transmettre au plus tard le 14 Février 2019.